What Occurs During Preventative Maintenance Therapy?
- Evaluate the health of your gums and check for any signs of the disease returning.
- Monitor your periodontal status by performing a comprehensive periodontal examination, including pocket depth measurements.
- Record precise measurements on a regular basis on specialized forms. This measured approach provides information critical in detecting subtle changes before they become serious problems.
- Advise you when additional active treatments may be necessary
- Remove harmful deposits (plaque, calculus) from the tooth surface above and most importantly, below the gum line
- Evaluate your personal oral hygiene-plaque control and offer suggestions to improve your effectiveness
- Apply and prescribe medications as necessary especially to reduce thermal (hot and cold) sensitivity
- Evaluate and as necessary adjust your bite guard (should you have one)
- Perform an oral cancer examination
- Update your x-rays as necessary to monitor your case stability
- Review your medical history
Ready to Improve Your Smile?
Your health is our entire team’s highest priority. Our goal is to provide you with the knowledge necessary to better understand your condition, treatments available and relevant options. (416) 224-2114 Appointments